Meet Fina Lowman, author of “Liah and Otto: My Brother and Me”, a RWYK Certified Great Read
Welcome to the Reading with Your Kids podcast!
Today, we’re thrilled to have one of our RWYK certified great read author Fina Lowman to the show to talk about her wonderful children’s book Liah and Otto: My Brother and Me that teaches children the importance of adoption and welcoming new siblings into the home.
“Liah and Otto: My Brother and Me” is guaranteed to help families celebrate their differences while also emphasizing that our hearts are what matter most. Tune in to learn all about Fina and her book!
Learn more about Fina Lowman
More about “Liah and Otto: My Brother and Me” by Fina Lowman
Liah is excited about becoming a big sister. Her adopted brother Otto will be arriving today and she can’t wait. She spends the day daydreaming about what Otto will look like. Is he a ticklish fire-breathing dragon or a sharp-tooth dinosaur who likes to eat pizza and french fries? To her surprise, Otto is the complete opposite, and she couldn’t love him more.
Barnes and Noble:
In this episode of the Reading with Your Kids Podcast, you’ll hear:
- Our host Jed Doherty welcomes Fina Lowman on the show
- Fina talks about her book “Liah and Otto: My Brother and Me” a picture book that Celebrates biracial families
- What inspired Fina to become a children’s author?
- Coming from the blended family, what are some of the challenges Fina and her daughter face in present times?
- What kind of suggestion would Fina like to give to the kids who are being bullied or being hurt by other people?
Thank you, Fina, for joining us and for sharing your wonderful book with us!
To read the complete review of “Leah and Otto: My Brother and Me”
We’d love to hear from you! Contact us and together we can discuss what ideas you think should be included in a future episode, and we can explore potentially setting up an interview. Our goal is to have all voices at the table!
Hope you have a wonderful day and we’ll be back with plenty more (useful) in the upcoming episodes!
Jedlie’s Magic Circus is fun for the whole family. Please visit www.jedlie.com to find out how to bring this inspiring show to your community.