Children’s book author Lauren Ranalli on her new book that sparks adventure – “Places We Have Never Been”
We have a very exciting episode for you!
When you arrive in a place you have never been, how do they say “hello”? How do they say “friend”? These are you a few of the questions we explore in Lauren Ranalli’s new children’s book, “Places We Have Never Been”. Tune in to find out how Lauren’s latest book encourages exploration, imagination in young readers!
What questions can you ask yourself to learn about new places? – Listen and hear what Lauren Ranalli thinks – you might be surprised!
More about the author
Ranalli is a self-published author in the Ann Arbor area and marketing coach for self-publishing authors. Her other children’s book, “The Great Latke Cook-off,” focuses around a Hanukkah tradition and recipes. She offers resources to aspiring writers as well as children’s coloring and activity pages on her website.
Interview Talking Points & Questions:
- Can you give us a little thumbnail description of your book, Places We Have Never Been? (02:00)
- The importance of finding out how you say hello in different countries. (03:20)
- Finding ways to demonstrate respect to different cultures.
- What inspired you to write Places We Have Never Been? (06:00)
- It’s interesting that you had a desire to find out a Hannukah book for your son. Please talk about the importance of creating a family library. (11:32)
- “Books should be windows & Mirrors”. (14:30)
- Tell us some of your favorite books that you would suggest that parents add to their family library. (22:20)
Book Recommendations for creating an International Bookshelf: (created by Laren Renalli & Natalie d’Aubermont Thompson)
Children’s literature provides a wonderful forum for processing emotions as well as the world around us. When buying, borrowing, or gifting books, consider how your selections can help address topics you face as a family or broaden your family’s exposure to different communities, cultures, or experiences.
Thank you to Natalie d’Aubermont Thompson, the founder of Living by the Page, for creating the list with Lauren and sharing it with our audience!
A big Thank You to Lauren Ranalli for joining us! Glad you all could join us for today’s guest interview! We hope you’ve enjoyed this interview and we look forward to introducing you to some great guests in our next episode.
If you haven’t already done so, listen to this episode & feel free to share it by using the social media buttons at the bottom of this page. We would LOVE if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
Thanks for tuning in and have a great day!