Lisa and Mark Burginger on Qubits- an easy to assemble, a snap-together toy that teaches about modular design and geometric shapes!
Hey RWYK Family!
We’re all about reading with our kids, we are also all about playing with our kids, especially when that play can inspire our kids to explore STEM fields. Lisa and Mark Burginger are on the show today to introduce us to their innovative construction toy Qubits. We learn about their inspiration to start Qubits. We also talk about their appearance on Shark Tank.
In our exciting interview, Lisa and Mark talk about their mission to bring a whole new way of building to the toy industry. Tune in to find out more about the development, marketing, and future of their company!
Learn more about Qubits® Construction Toy
Qubits Company Information
Interview Talking Points & Questions:
- Lisa Burginger tells us what’s Qubits Toy is all about? (2:25)
- Mark is an architect registered in the State of California. He talks about his inspiration and idea to create Qubits? (5:00)
- What kind of STEM skills can kids learn from playing with Qubits? (9:45)
- Tell us about your experience of making an appearance on ABC Shark Tank on Feb. 6th, 2010. (16:19)
- It’s exciting to learn that you are still discovering new shapes with Qubits, bringing Qubits around to schools so what is the most fun thing that kids have thought you about Qubits? (18:48)
- We welcome the author of a fantastic book, 100 Easy STEAM Activities: Awesome Hands-On Projects for Aspiring Artists and Engineers, Andrea Scalzo Yi (25:07)
- Andrea shares some activities that we can do with our kids at home (26:30)
A big Thank you to Lisa and Mark Burgingerfor doing this Interview! We’re so cheerful to talk about their AMAZING toy to all our listeners and we hope you’ll check out more of their products in the future!
If you haven’t already done so, listen to this episode & feel free to share it by using the social media buttons at the bottom of this page. We would LOVE if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
We’d also love to hear what you think about the podcast and any suggestions on what you’d like to hear in future episodes. Feel free to connect with us on our social media, or email us anytime by contacting us.
Have a great Tuesday listeners!