In Conversation with Rob Biddulph, A Multi-award-winning Author/Illustrator of “Odd Dog Out”
We have so much fun speaking to a bestselling and multi-award-winning author/illustrator, Rob Biddulph. He is also the official World Book Day Illustrator for 2019 and 2020.
Today on the podcast, we’re celebrating Rob’s third picture book, Odd Dog Out, which was nominated for a total of eight literary prizes, winning the BSC Festival of Literature Picture Book Award and the UKLA Student Shadower’s Vote Book Award.
Tune in to hear all about this heartwarming and poignant story from award-winning creator Rob Biddulph about the power of embracing your true colors. Perfect for fans of Peter Brown’s Tiger Goes Wild.
More about the author
After taking the world by storm with his first two picture books, Rob Biddulph decided to blaze his own trail and is now a full-time author and illustrator. When not working doggedly on creating his characters, he makes up stories for his three daughters and draws pictures to go with them. He lives and works in London, and his very first book, Blown Away, won the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize.
You can visit him at www.robbiddulph.com.
Learn more about “Odd Dog Out”
It’s a dog’s life in the big, busy city, but there’s one lonely pup who doesn’t quite fit in. She behaves differently from the rest, sports rainbow in a sea of gray, and marches to the beat of her own drum.
She’s one Odd Dog.
Join Odd Dog as she journeys to the other side of the world to find her place in it, only for her to discover that maybe she’s meant to be right where she started.
And check out Rob Biddulph’s other books for children, including:
The Grizzly Bear Who Lost His GRRRRR!
Odd Dog Out Is Available Now:
Interview Talking Points & Questions:
- Tell us all about your hilariously fun picture book, Odd Dog Out (02:18)
- Why did you choose Sausage Dogs to tell your story? (04:45)
- Do you see yourself as an author who can illustrate or an illustrator who can write? (08:36)
- Do you see any similarities between serious journalism and children’s literature? (11:00)
- Odd Dog Out is not your first book, and you have illustrated many books for other authors as well. Please talk a little bit about your experience of illustrating the Flat Stanley series (16:00)
- Is there a book or a character in your mind that you are looking forward to creating in upcoming projects? (21:00)
A big Thank You to Rob Biddulph for joining us! Glad you all could join us for today’s guest interview! We hope you’ve enjoyed this interview and we look forward to introducing you to some great guests in our next episode.
If you haven’t already done so, listen to this episode & feel free to share it by using the social media buttons at the bottom of this page. We would LOVE if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
Thanks for tuning in and have a great day!