In Conversation with Middle-grade author Leslea Wahl & first-time author Benessa L. Harrison
Middle-grade author Leslea Wahl is regular on the RWYK podcast. Today we’re grateful to her for sharing her favorite faith-based middle-grade books with us.
We are also joined by Benessa L. Harrison, author of debut children’s book, Animals You‘ll Learn to Love. Benessa has ten siblings and grew up on a farm. She was inspired to write this love-able children’s book about pets. Enjoy and have a wonderful time listening!
Here’s Some More Information About Leslea Wahl
Leslea lives in beautiful Colorado with her husband and three children. Their own life of adventure includes traveling, skiing, and scuba diving. Leslea strives to write fiction that will inspire readers to use their own talents and gifts to glorify God. Leslie has been a creator of stories with ideas swirling through her head. She is thrilled now to be able to share some of them with others. For many years she has been driven by a belief that our purpose in life is to use our gifts to glorify God and lead others to Him. She feels blessed to have found a way to intertwine her two passions by creating adventurous stories with positive Christian messages for today’s youth. Not only does she hopes to entertain with her writing, but she also to inspires others to find their gifts as well.
Visit Leslea’s website at www.LesleaWahl.com.
Here is the link to Leslea’s Amazon page – https://amzn.to/2IFnaLN
Interview Talking Points & Questions:
- Faith-based middle-grade books recommendation by Leslea: The Other Side of Freedom by Cynthia Toney, A Hidden Miracle by Gerilyn Herold, Dear God, I Don’t Get It! by Patti Armstrong (04:00 to 18:20)
- Leslea shares the premise of her new middle-grade book, Extreme Blindside (18:30)
- How was the experience of writing your first series? (19:55)
- Learn more about Benessa L. Harrison and her book, Animals You’Ll Learn to Love (23:45)
- What inspired Benessa to write this book?
- What are some of the things families will learn about animals by reading your book (25:35)
A big thank you to Leslea & Benessa for sharing these wonderful books with us and for joining us on the Reading with your kid’s podcast!
If you’ve enjoyed this episode, it’s safe to assume there are others out there like you who would also enjoy the show. Help them find it. Please rate and review our show in iTunes and share it by clicking the social media buttons at the bottom of this page. Those people will appreciate it, and you’ll feel great about yourself!
If you haven’t already done so, listen to this episode & feel free to share it by using the social media buttons at the bottom of this page. We would LOVE if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
Have a stellar day!