Reading with Your Kids Podcast Ft. Camryn Wells – The Color, Feel, Play Series
Do you remember how to play?
Playing is THE job of childhood, but somewhere along the way we grow up and forget how. After a full day of adulting, playing can seem as exhausting as working, but in a child’s world, work and play can mean the same thing.
Reading with Your Kids is ELATED to feature a wonderful children’s book series, The Color, Feel, Play Series by Camryn Wells. The Memory of Play with your child will help bring the whimsy and love of playback into your day. It’s the second book in the series. You’ll remember the sense of freedom that childhood brings. This playfully poetic book takes adults on a fantastically illustrated journey down memory lane, and what better way to go than hand in hand with a child.
Interview Talking Points & Questions:
- Tell us the premise of The Memory of Play and what inspired the story? (02:15)
- “It doesn’t matter how old we are, we can still play and have fun” (03:30)
- Talk about your first book in the series, What Color Is Your Day? (07:30)
- “It is easier to teach a child than to fix an adult” (11:25)
- As a spoken word artist, can you talk about the value of opening our kids up to different forms of expression (18:30)
- Listen to a short piece by Camryn Wells called “So You Say” (21:00)
- Where did you get the confidence
We’d love to hear from you! Contact us and together we can discuss what ideas you think should be included in a future episode, and we can explore potentially setting up an interview. Our goal is to have all voices at the table!
Thanks for tuning in and have a wonderful day😆