Reading with Your Kids Podcast Starring Merriam Sarcia Saunders – author of “My Whirling Twirling Motor”
Happy Tuesday everyone,
We’re happy to be back with another fun-filled episode of the Reading with Your Kids Podcast! We’re proud to introduce an educational picture book My Whirling, Twirling Motor (Magination Press/APA), a positive spin on the way we look at our kids with ADHD. The book is written by Merriam Sarcia Saunders, a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist specializing in parent behavior coaching for ADHD. Merriam writes books about kids with AD/HD, Autism, OCD, and Anxiety to help kids see themselves in her stories.
In our exciting interview, Merriam talks about My Whirling, Twirling Motor, her passion for helping people with ADHD, Learning Differences and Autism. She hopes that one day all those books will help kids see themselves in my stories and help grownups understand those kids.
More about Merriam Sarcia Saunders
Merriam Sarcia Saunders, LMFT is a psychotherapist and author in northern California. By day, she coaches kids and adults all over the world with AD/HD (merriamsaunders.com) to uncover their strengths…and is mom to three crazy kids. By night, she writes fun novels and picture books for children that highlight the positive, even in the face of some chronic and difficult issues. When she isn’t writing, she is traveling, running, reading, enjoying friends and family…and drinking lots of coffee.
My Whirling Twirling Motor
Charlie feels like he has a whirling, twirling motor running inside him all the time and sometimes he just can’t settle. When his mom wants to talk to him, he figures he’s in trouble…but she has a surprise for him instead! Includes a Note to Parents, Caregivers, and Teachers with more information on ADHD, behavior management, and helping children focus on the positives.
Grab your copy on Amazon!
In this episode of the Reading with Your Kids Podcast, you’ll hear:
- Introduction to Merriam Saunders’ debut picture book My Whirling, Twirling Motor
- How her personal experience of raising a girl child with AD/HD inspired her to write this picture book?
- Understanding kids with too much energy and how appreciation can prompt them to excel in their activity.
- Some of the resources available on her website for parents, teachers, & librarians
- Raising a child with ADHD isn’t like regular childrearing. Normal rule-making and household routines can become nearly impossible so Meriam shares with us some of the Parenting Tips for Raising Children with ADHD
- What does Merriam hope children will take away with them the most after they read My Whirling, Twirling Motor
- What is she currently working on, where can people find her online and much more…
A big Thank You to Merriam Sarcia Saunders, for talking to us and sharing her book with our listeners!
If you haven’t already done so, listen to this episode & feel free to share it by using the social media buttons at the bottom of this page. We would LOVE if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
We’d also love to hear what you think about the podcast and any suggestions on what you’d like to hear in future episodes. Feel free to connect with us on our social media, or email us anytime by contacting us.
Thanks for tuning in and have a wonderful day😆
*Post contains an affiliate link
Check out The Great Martini, A fun and touching story about Sam, a lovable but far from a perfect magician who learns that the greatest transformation is transforming feelings of caring into action to help another human being. The Great Maritini, as an exclusive Amazon e-book. Please click here to get your copy today.