Meet Judy Gilliam, a soon to be published author from Familius Publishing- Cracked and Patched Family
Everyone has a family tree, no matter how big or small. But what happens when yours has more than just the roots, trunk, and branches?
In today’s interview, we have a fascinating conversation with author & educator Judy Gilliam. She tells us about her soon to be released children’s book Cracked & Patched Family. We also talk about the many benefits of reading with our older kids.
Cracked and Patched Family explores the idea of what it means to have a big, messy, complicated, and remarkable family as a young girl tries to complete her family tree assignment for school. With adorable drawings and the brief words of a child, you can’t help but love your own family tree, no matter how large or small, simple or chaotic.
Tune in to learn all about “My Fantastic, Amazing, Wonderful, and Extraordinary Family Tree“!
Interview Talking Points & Questions:
- You faced several rejection notices before Familius Publishing selected her book to be published by their company. How was that experience like? (3:00)
- Her experience working with Familius group and with the illustrator for her book (06:00)
- Tell us a little about Cracked and Patched Family, and the theme for your book (8:40)
- Family dynamics are changing these days and we think your book is important for kids that are facing these challenges and have questions about their family tree. Talk a little bit about that. (13:45)
- Being an educator for many years how do you think the family dynamics have changed? (14:30)
- As an educator how important it is to read with your kids? (22:30)
- What kind of conversation families can have after experiencing Cracked and Patched Family together?
A big Thank You to Judy Gilliam for joining us! Glad you all could join us for today’s guest interview! We hope you’ve enjoyed this interview and we look forward to introducing you to some great guests in our next episode.
If you haven’t already done so, listen to this episode & feel free to share it by using the social media buttons at the bottom of this page. We would LOVE if you could leave us a review on iTunes.
Thanks for tuning in and have a great day!